Otey White & Associates (OWA) is looking for a Web Developer to develop and maintain client websites and web infrastructure for a diverse client base that includes innovative new products, retail, service industries and others. You will work in a fast-paced, relaxed work environment alongside a dynamic creative team and Designers who know how to meet client objectives.
- Experience working with WordPress
- You will have the opportunity to develop with your preferred tech but will be required to maintain sites built with WordPress
- Ability to translate designs into responsive websites
- Highly motivated to continuous learning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Experience building HTML emails
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) + match
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Opportunity to work remotely
Qualified candidates can email email@example.com with a resume and, if any, links to relevant examples that demonstrate their knowledge and passion for the web.
Art Director/Graphic Designer
Otey White & Associates, an award-winning, fun-loving Baton Rouge-based advertising firm, is seeking a full-time graphic designer/art director to help bring our ideas to life. If you are a creative thinker who enjoys providing solutions in a fast-paced environment, we have the job, the desk, the chair, and more importantly, the coffee for you. Your days will be filled with interactions with an incredible creative and strategy team where you’ll create graphics for a variety of media for local and national accounts.
The ideal candidate requires skills beyond those in the Adobe Suite. Our dream teammate (dreammate if you will) should also be able to interact with clients, vendors, and maybe even the guy who delivers the coffee. He’s not a client. We simply like to stay caffeinated.
The environment is relaxed and micro-management free. What the position lacks in micro-management it makes up for with a spacious front porch, flexible work hours when needed, rigorous games of bag toss, a generous vacation package, and holidays off (even Mardi Gras).
We also appreciate self-starters who don’t need to be told what to do, but if your stuff is really good, we can adjust and tell you what to do on a daily basis (seriously). If you’re not a self-starter, and you’re incredibly organized, that’s cool too. If you’re both, all the better. The bottom line is we want a creative person who has a passion for creating work we can all be proud of. If you’re that person, send a resume, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your cover letter is entertaining that’s a plus too, but not mandatory. Boring, traditional cover letters will get the same attention as fun ones.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Graphic Design or other related fields
- At least 1 year of professional design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Available to work 40 hours/week
A Few Other Things That Aren’t Required But Wouldn’t Look Bad on Your Resume:
- Experience in website coding
- Experience/ understanding of Microsoft: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of agency structure and creative/production processes
- Working knowledge of project management software
To apply for the OWA Graphic Designer/Art Director position, please send resumes and a link to your portfolio to Meredith@oteywhite.com. Questions: Contact Meredith at 225-201-0032. Follow-up interviews for those under consideration will be arranged through direct contact with the applicant.